All you need to know about VAT registration in the UAE
Through this service, Top vision registers certain persons for VAT to allow them to obtain a Tax Registration Number and fulfill their obligations.
Which Documents are Required to Register For VAT?
- Valid Trade License / Business License.
- Passport/Emirates ID of the authorized signatory.
- Proof of authorization for the authorized signatory.
- Monthly turnover declaration for the specified periods that is signed and stamped by the authorized signatory on the entity’s printed letterhead, and supporting financial documents such as: invoices, purchase orders, title deeds, and lease agreements.
- A copy of the legislation that establishes the entity in case the registration request was in relation to a federal/local government entity
Who is obliged to register for VAT?UAE-resident businesses who make taxable supplies in the UAE must mandatorily register for VAT provided the value of their taxable supplies and imports in the last 12 months exceeded, or is expected to exceed in the next 30 days, the mandatory registration threshold of AED 375,000. Non-UAE-resident businesses who make taxable supplies in the UAE must also mandatorily register for VAT, regardless of the value of its taxable supplies and imports, where there is no other person obligated to pay the due tax on these supplies in the UAE.
Who may to register for VAT?UAE-resident businesses who make taxable supplies in the UAE may voluntarily register for VAT if the value of their taxable supplies and imports, or taxable expenses, incurred in the last 12 months exceeded, or is expected to exceed in the next 30 days, the voluntary registration threshold of AED 187,500.
- Registration provisions apply to any natural or legal person conducting business in the UAE, even if the person has no trade license.
- The person required to register for VAT must file a registration application with the FTA within 30 days of being required to register.
Wrote by Saida AFLY